Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Voyage (English version)

The inexplicable came to me that day,
  plunging deep into my bones.
I was at the beach, resting on the sand,
  the brisk air made me shiver,
as my hair danced around my face.
  The water rocked and brushed gently against the cliffs,
the sky was clear and bright, impossible to look at,
  except for its reflection that glimmered on the seashells.
A surreal calm graced this earthly place,
  I could have rested there a second, a minute,
and hour, a lifetime, or an eternity.
  Time gave me a moment to breathe,
to lie on the driftwood that dried on the smooth pebbles.
  I counted the clouds with my toes,
as I inhaled and exhaled the ocean air,
  and in the distance, or perhaps very close to me,
I saw you approach like a mirage in the desert,
  always trying to find each other, but never to meet.

1 comment: